Swapping DG unit

My kitchen DG window has moisture inside. The unit was fairly recently removed and re-fitted, so an adjacent door could be renewed and the guy didn't seem to make much of it but I didn't watch him.

I can get a replacement unit for less than £100.

It's secured with a triangular external plastic fillet, which obviously has to be unclipped and for which I bought a purpose made metal 'chisel' but looking at a Youtube video, I get the impression you have to remove the inner rubber gasket first. Is that correct and if so, how?

TIA

Reply to
Andy Cap

It varies. On the older ones your prise the gasket out first. They are quite thick. You put it back lubricated with washing up liquid.

One the newer ones the gasket is attached to the glazing beads. The gaskets are much thinner. Prise the beads outstarting in the middle of the longest one they pop out quite easy. Wood chisel is good tool wide as you've got.

Must be enormous for ?100. Take the old one down to local indow manufacturer & they'll make another one up.

If opening window, be sure that the glazing unit is properly shimmed when you put it back Glass supports the frame which is very weak. Especially bigger ones.

If you don't do this, it will "droop" and not close properly.

Reply to
harryagain

It's the older one then, with the gasket inside. The actual price on the site I looked at was around £48 and including argon closer to £60. I just stuck in a round figure!

Thanks for that.

Reply to
Andy Cap