SWA cable source

I'm after about 50 meters (maybe 100 if price is right) of 1.5mm 2 core or 3 core armoured cable. Any reccomendations for an online supplier?

Regards,

Alan.

Reply to
Alan

1.5mm is very thin, especially considering voltage drop over 50m. What is the application? Presumably lighting?

2 core 50m 37+VAT 100m 66+VAT

3 core

50m 41+VAT 100m 60+VAT (bargain!)

3 core 25m 19.49 inc VAT

Screwfix is cheaper over 50m (but in two pieces, so a long run will need joining). TLC cheaper for 100m.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Batt Cables

50p a meter +vat Baz
Reply to
pjdesign

Christian,

Thanks for the research!

No single run will be longer than about 15 or 20m, planned use for low wattage lighting around garden. However, I have a few more projects in the pipeline so I was thinking it may be cheaper to but a 100m drum now. Planning on running SWA to a waterproof junction box mounted above ground level on fence posts, than a suitable outdoor cable (non SWA) from box up post to light fitting mounted at top. Is this OK as far as the regs go? What type of cable should I use for these runs?

Alan.

Alan

I'd still use SWA. Hi-Tuf is also available, but is often more expensive. You'd need one or the other, as you need an external cable with UV protection. Hi-Tuf is easier to work with, though.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Hi-Tuf is easier to work with, though. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly why I wanted to go this route. As I'll daisy-chain each light this method allows a smaller, flexible cable to each fitting, and SWA in/out of each weatherproof box.

Reply to
Alan