Suspended Ceilings

Hello all,

I'm going to put a suspended ceiling, and would welcome any help. I was planning to make C section metal 'hangers' to attach to the joists above, then attach wallboard to timber crossbeams, as below:

JJJJJJ Joists LATH+PLASTER ______ | | | metal hanger | ______

TTTTTT Timber PPPPPP Plasterboard

However, it seems a bit of a faff to make all this stuff, so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Gyproc or Lafarge systems?

Any help appreciated,

Andy

Reply to
Andy MCR

Andy MCR

Depending on how wide your ceiling is going to be could you not put a timber frame up screwed to the walls with cross pieces and fix the p/board to that .

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Screwhooks and chain?