SuSE 9.0 and konqueror

OK I can't work out what the problem is. Installed SuSe 9.0 professional without any difficulty (but then I've installed several earler versions) and most things seem to be an improvement. But Konqueror keeps locking devices (partitions/drives). I can mount a partition and unmount it. But if I access it in the meantine from Konqueror then I can no longer unmount it. Same with the floppy and CD drives,and with loop devices. Even if I su to "root" I can't unmount them. The device is busy I'm told. Close all programs except Konqueror and make sure that I'm pointing at a directory not on the partition/drive that I want to unmount, and still no luck. Close Konqueror and Bingo! It's a PITA and I don't know where to look for a solution. Any ideas?
Chris Ward.

The Konqueror web site.
--
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Maybe the uk.linux.support group?
PoP

Andrew

Hells, I'm behind the times - only just installed 8.2! I also don't use Konqueror 'cos Firebird is far smoother and smarter, and I'm also a CLI type bloke so I only use the GUI when necessary.
I'm not much help in this case eh :)
-- cheers,
witchy/binarydinosaurs
Witchy wrote:

Doesn't Konqueror do all the rendering under KDE ? So you can't help use it when you use that GUI ?
Steve.
On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 09:43:57 +0000, Steve

I thought it was the 'winduhs explorer' equivalent so it will browse yer files etc or whatever URL you chuck at it. The underlying renderer is still X11R6. If it's really that entrenched just bin it and use Gnome instead. -- cheers,
witchy/binarydinosaurs

Someone on here always recommends car body filler? Al