Surveyor or architect?

I'm installing French doors and would like some advice. Do I contact a srveyor, architect, or an architectural technician etc. Thank you, Neil
1st question is what sort of advice? Is it structural loadings etc? if so is it complicated? If so then a structural engineeer would be the best one If it is to do with fitting problems, DPC, cavity etc then a surveyor, technician, quality builder or even an architect but in general a fully qualified architect would not be in the least bit interested in your extremely small problem to him but very large to you. If you know a good builder and are on good terms with him then I would go down that route for technicl, fitting type advice
"Niel A. Farrow" wrote:

Get a general builder to come & have a look. Offer him a "drink" if you need to (L.20!).
J.B.