Surveyor or architect?

I'm installing French doors and would like some advice. Do I contact a srveyor, architect, or an architectural technician etc. Thank you, Neil

Reply to
Niel A. Farrow
1st question is what sort of advice? Is it structural loadings etc? if so is it complicated? If so then a structural engineeer would be the best one If it is to do with fitting problems, DPC, cavity etc then a surveyor, technician, quality builder or even an architect but in general a fully qualified architect would not be in the least bit interested in your extremely small problem to him but very large to you. If you know a good builder and are on good terms with him then I would go down that route for technicl, fitting type advice
Reply to
Mike Taylor

Get a general builder to come & have a look. Offer him a "drink" if you need to (L.20!).

J.B.

Reply to
Jerry Built