survey help please

Hi all, I am in the process of working towards a degree. I am conducting a very simple survey asking people the following question. If you were having a building project done for yourself, would you be willing to pay a little more to use sustainable, environmentally friendly products? I would be gratefull for any replies.. a simple yes or no would be fine. Please reply to snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk

Reply to
dave

Quite obviously the answer most people should give is "It depends on what 'a little more' means" I hope this isn't a large part of your degree!

-- Mike W

Reply to
VisionSet

I suggest you read some Primary School books on designing and administering surveys before you go any further with your degree.

Reply to
John Cartmell

Yes with a 'but' and no with a 'maybe', does this answer your question?

Reply to
Phil L

We never had such books at primary school. Could you recommend any?

dg

Reply to
dg

My answer (and that of many past clients) would be no.

Unless the person is a 'green' fanatic with pre-existing ideas on sustainability and the environment, then most people are more interested in price and then quality.

Most people don't know if their timber skirting came from managed forrests in Sweden, of illegal logging in Canada. They don't know that the paint contains many VOC's, only that it smells a bit. They don't know that the process of making bricks, blocks and cement is very energy intensive, and that a timber frame and cladded structure is available. They don't know that there are other insulation products which will keep them just as warm, but are easier on the environment to produce.

If the difference is having a more environmentally friendly extension, or some chrome switches and nicer wall tiles and bathroom suite, then the later wins almost every time.

dg

Reply to
dg

I produce all my own teaching material - so no, sorry.

Reply to
John Cartmell

I found this one quite informative:

Phil L