support for hand rail

I've fitted a new handrail to my attic stairs. Its circular pine on metal poles. I want to attach the end that butts up to the wall more firmly. I'm after something like the collar you get on wardrobe clothes rails but in 2 inches diameter.

Is there such a thing? Where from?

Reply to
andyv

I did mine with a decorative oak rosette, bolted to the end of the rail from the reverse side and then screwed to the wall. That might be overkill for attic stairs, though (but the principle might still be sound; bit of circular or oval pine, drill a couple of wall-mounting holes and plug them with pine plugs when you're done)

I'm not sure you'll find something that's angled though, because there's always a little variation between stairway angles in homes, and a manufacturer couldn't make one part that all rails could be expected to fit into.

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Or swimming-pool brackets?

Skipweasel

Many thanks folks. Flange is the word I'm after.

Reply to
andyv

Something like part MMICB:

Man at B&Q

And what a lovely word it is, too. Almost as good as plinth and nubbin.

Reply to
Skipweasel

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember andyv saying something like:

Minge is perfectly acceptable.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

And nice to run your fingers through on the stairs.

Reply to
Skipweasel

Close - what I'm really after is something like MMWCB. Though that's a called a rather more mundane wall connector. Thanks

Reply to
andyv