Support for camera in window

I'm looking for a neat way to support a camera in a window about 6 inches above the windowsill. The windows are large single-paned casement windows. I'd like it if the camera could be moved from one window to another, preferably leaving little or no mark behind.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

Car cams use suction cups, maybe can adapt a large one?

Reply to
F Murtz

It should have a screw hole in the bottom so get a miniature tripod for it. They are quite cheap.

Reply to
EricP

As you haven't specified what type of camera, the best I can offer is this:

Richard

Huge

In message , Timothy Murphy writes

You didn't say what size of camera, but these will manage most sizes.

Reply to
Bill

Thanks for the pointer. The camera is a Linksys WVC54GCA . I quite like the home-made stand in your site. I don't think a tripod would be stable enough, particularly as the camera needs a power connection.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

Lets hope its not required to see in the infra red though as many windows seem to stop it according to a friend. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In message , Timothy Murphy writes

Hmmm, I have here a WVC54G, which I think is an older model with a large base. It was given to me and I don't use it because it doesn't support WPA security on the wireless networking and I don't want to downgrade the network.

If looks don't matter, I'm a great advocate of the things sold in Pound shops and elsewhere as "Foam covered twist ties". I've used these a lot for microphone stands, as they can be twisted round the object and the base shaped to wherever it has to fit. Often they look like the charmer's snake, but they reduce noise and vibration and are infinitely flexible.

I've got a camera here behind a dg window looking at the car. I get bad reflections when the sun is up and low in the wrong direction. This cheapo Chinese camera has i-r led's. They reflect badly and are worse than useless.

Reply to
Bill

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll see if I can find those.

I actually have my camera attached to the LAN by an ethernet TP-link, so WPA doesn't come into it. I was running it by WiFi - my camera with dd-wrt software does actually support WPA - but the camera is in a remote site, and I found WiFi on the camera often fails after a few days and doesn't come back on.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy