Supply Only Double Glazing - Any Recommendations ?

Does anybody have any recommendations for supply only double glazing companies ?.

Preferably in Scotland, but anywhere in the UK would be ok.

TIA,

woodglass

Reply to
woodglass

I've used Screwfix for this and am very pleased with the quality. But they only do stock sizes - not made to measure.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

(Assuming PVCu) Yep, get the frame made by a trade place (e.g. Euroglaze), then take the frame to a local sealed-unit manufacturer. Take out the middle man, you will save up to 50% of the cost, especially for arched windows (judging by my quotes). The middle men must really mark up this stuff. Of course you take the risk of measuring wrongly etc. But some companies will fax the details of glass size to your glass supplier taking out a point of error (you).

Not done this process yet by the way (ordering later this year). Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Carlisle do? Window World part of World Group make their own frames but contract out the glazing to System 3 IIRC. Quite happy with their product.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

But why not get the frame made by the local sealed-unit manufacturer too? (assuming they make their own frames on-site?) Or does Euroglaze beat that?

BTW where do you order from? Never heard of Euroglaze tbh but had a look at euroglaze.co.uk, and their on-line ordering seems to be 'coming soon'?

David

Reply to
Lobster