Suppliers of rubber washers?

This is really frustrating. I just can't believe I can't locate a straightforward supplier of miscellaneous rubber washers off the shelf!

All I want is a dozen washers about 15mm diameter, 1.5mm-2mm thick, with a 6mm hole. These are for remounting some electric fans. Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

thanks,

Michael

Reply to
Michael Kilpatrick

How about cutting some from an old bicycle tyre or similar?

Reply to
Rob Morley

=============== Look at:

?_dyncharset=UTF-8&q=rubber+washers&n=&pn=1&pd=1&pi=1&cn=1&cd=1&x=0&y=0but it might be cheaper to buy single TAP washers if they'll do what you want.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Your local plumbers merchant should do the trick

Reply to
Alex

Agreed.

Those 2 or 3 sizes of tap washer are brilliant for all kinds of jobs where a rubber washer is required, especially things like screwing toilets to the floor or cisterns/sinks to the wall. You can even make it look neat with a nice big brass countersunk screw and a "screw cup" washer.

Regards, Simon.

Reply to
Simon Stroud

Try the electronic hobby merchants for rubber grommets, like page 9 of this catalogue

nylon washers at:

john