Supplier of large briefcase-like tool cases?

I've got a briefcase-sized tool case, about 48x33x18cm. I got it in Wickes for about 15 - you probably know the kind of thing, it has metal edging, movable spacers inside, and so on. The kind of thing telephone engineers tend to drag around with them.
Here's one: <http://custom1.farnell.com/cpc/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=cpc+catalogue &category%5Fname=&product%5Fid=TLTC03X66>
Anyway, I'm after something similar, but bigger. I have a 12-track hard disk recorder that I want to keep safe in it, and if I can arrange it so that there's a little ventilation around it and below it, I could even use it in situ.
The recorder is 44x35x12cm, and needs a bit extra all round, which gives you an idea of the kind of case size required. All I've been able to find are much more expensive flight cases, costing 100 or more, and I don't need anything like that - just a larger tool case. Any idea where I might find what I'm looking for?
Daniele
@apple-juice.co.uk (D.M. Procida) wrote:

Two thoughts spring to mind:
1: Photographic suppliers. Jessops have a range of cases from 280x170x80mm to 480x350x150 (sounds almost right, shame the 350 isn't 400) and 385x235x180mm, own brand, 19.80 to 39.99 and 51.99. Other suppliers may have similar. Foam is extra, unfortunately. Only mention Jessops because I happen to have the catalogue to hand.
2: I know you've said you've seen flight cases, but some people will custom manufacture cases for a lot less money than you might think. Last one I had made was a few years ago, but we had great service from Studiocare of Preston (Richard Threlfall). Not to be confused with StudioSpares, though they also have a good range of cases in their catalogue.
HTH
Hwyl!
Martin.
--
Martin Angove (it's Cornish for "Smith") - ARM/Digital SA110 RPC
See the Aber Valley -- http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/abervalley.html

Oh, if only it were just a bit bigger, it wopuld be perfect.
Daniele
--
Apple Juice Ltd
Chapter Arts Centre
On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 12:50:30 +0100, @apple-juice.co.uk (D.M. Procida) wrote:

Got any budget ? We're in Pontypool and can build to order

If it's something like that your after, then ask a local blacksmith to knock something for you. Remember, 1/4'' Checker Plate, like the example is made of, is bloody heavy. :-))
--
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Just my little joke. Nice as it is, a case for my stuff that I can only just drag around, gouging tracks in the floor as I go, is probably not going to turn out to be that practical.
Daniele
--
Apple Juice Ltd
Chapter Arts Centre

No idea of costs but here's an option.
http://tinyurl.com/gmx3
Peter.

Sounds like you need something which takes the universal 19" pro audio width. This makes for expensive cases. ;-) I'll be looking for answers too.
--
*Organized Crime Is Alive And Well; It's Called Auto Insurance. *