Supplier for large J / Hook bolts?

I need 36 of these to hold 50mm tube. Material about 8-10 mm, o/a length about 100 mm. Plating not required. Trouble is I need them in a hurry, ie. by next Tuesday morning. I've googled for them and contacted several suppliers but they are all 'made to order' in about 7 days. If necessary I'll get some studding and d-i-m, but does anyone know of an 'off the shelf' supplier?

Many thanks

Sunbeam

Reply to
Sunbeam

your question is as clear as mud: I gather you want to hold 2" pipes, probably with something J shaped, but havent any clear idea what kind of fixing you want or why.

Ladder hooks screwfix.com heavy duty hooks with ther own expansive fixings that go into concrete etc screwfix.com rigid metal strip that can be bent round a wood former to make J shapes: erm, local scrappy I guess for right now collection. Screwfix do also do some thick long L shaped things that could be cranked to shape. Several lightweight ones but ISTR one relatively meaty one in there, probably in the building section.

Other ways to fix pipes: wood blocks, use hole saw to make 2" cutouts, then cut wood in half across the hole. Steel strapping, sold in rolls, scrwefix.com

If you gave us more idea what you wanted, and exactly why, you might get more help.

Screwfix does next morning delivery.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

[...]

Hi,

BES part no. 16757 or 16770 should do, both on this page:

RS do something similar if BES haven't got enough in stock.

If there's not much weight to support galvanised banding should do:

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Many thanks for your reply. I will try to explain a little better. For this application I need 'J' (or hook) shaped bolts. The bolts need to be of circular steel section and the longer leg of the J needs to be threaded to accept a nut and washer. The radius of the 'J' needs to accommodate a 50mm tube of some weight, ie. similar to scaffold tubing but heavier. Strapping, wooden blocks etc. will unfortunately not fit the bill. I may be able to use 'U' bolts but this would be overkill as the application is temporary.

Sunbeam.

Reply to
Sunbeam

Thanks Pete,

unfortunately these won't suit. I need to have 'J' shaped steel bolts. 'U' bolts will do at a pinch. On the linked BES page the item 'MDPE Black Pipe. 12 bar pressure, PE80' amused me a little.

All the best

Sunbeam

Reply to
Sunbeam

Hi,

Your next best bet might be to get some extended leg u bolts:

cut one side off with an angle grinder in a stand. Some thin quality metal cutting discs would be best for this.

If you are near an exhaust place that does commercials they might have the right size in stock.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

CPC sell U bolts of about the right size. FN 00426,7,8 etc.

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol