supplementary bonding in bathroom

I've done a fair bit of reading in this newsgroup on this subject, and looked at some of the excellent links given in previous threads. Just want to verify that I've got this right, and I'm still not sure about one 'detail'. Please read on .

All piping for water/waste/central heating is in plastic. So no cross bonding needed on pipework.

In the bathroom I have 2 light fittings, and a shaver socket on a spur from the mains (switched FCU just outside bathroom).

The ceiling is (just) less than the 2.25m mentioned in the definition of zones, so my light fittings, although more than 0.6m away from the shower horizontally, are in zone 3.

So I need to supplemtary bond the earth of the lighting circuit and of the mains circuit that supplies the spur for the shaver socket. Hopefully I got all that right, please tell me if it's not. What I'm not sure about at all is to what extend I can use the CPC as part of the supplementary bonding circuit: can I link from the CPC in the light fitting to the switched FCU for the shaver socket using 4mm earthwire, or do I have to run 4mm between the socket itself and the light fitting? In terms of the work involved it makes little difference, but the remarks about using the CPC in the on-site guide are a little vague, I think, and I'd like to know what the answer is.

Probably worrying too much about detail, as I usually do.

Johan

Reply to
johan

That's correct.

Provided that the CPCs in question are in cables that are run in "close vicinity to the location" (i.e. they don't wander off away from the bathroom and come back via some long and tortuous route) you can use them freely as part of the bonding conductor. You could, for example, bond to the lighting circuit CPC at the light switch if its easier.

Incidentally, a shaver point would usually be fed from the lighting circuit, in which case you would get the bonding automatically (again assuming a reasonably direct cable run between the light, or its associated junction box, and the shaver point).

Reply to
Andy Wade