Super thin/flat mains (& speaker) cable?

Well, I noticed a spot high in the back where I could drill discretely so that's what I've done. Would rather not have but the other options weren't really realistic.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Pretty much yes, or all sorts of stuff like insurance might get invalidated.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You also need one of these.

and one of these.

F Murtz

Why are you plugging this crap? It's neither relevant or funny.

Tim

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

"Really?", as in, "did you really miss my smiley?".

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

As in the one a few posts upthread?

Sorry, safety is not a laughing matter round here.

Reply to
John Williamson

I think it is hugely funny to think that any one would be silly enough to buy such rubbish.

Reply to
F Murtz

Where else? Downthread?

When did that happen? Nobody told me.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

You don't keep parrots in your garage, do you? ;-)

Reply to
John Williamson

Is the thickness of the insulation actually specified (presumably by the likes of the IEC?) or just the withstand voltage and the mechanical properties?

Reply to
The Other Mike

That's a very good question and I'm glad you asked it...

Reply to
John Williamson

Another version is the self adhesive copper tape sold in hobby stores/model shops sometimes known by the name Kaptan tape which is the original quality version though Kapton is the insulation material which other copper tapes may not have. Used some to connect a door bell push once where the owner did not want any holes drilled through a door frame . Hardly visible once it was painted over.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

I asked a very simple question so why can't you answer the question rather than prevaricating :)

A few possibilities?

IEC 60227-5 - A mere 100 quid BS EN 50525 - Free, or would be if I had my library card number with me

Just wondered if alternatives using a radically different construction method and / or insulation could be made significantly thinner and still comply.

Reply to
The Other Mike

Wonder what the kickback voltage is on a mechanical sounder.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I've had several hundred volts off electric motors on 12v..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

... and what voltage a layer of gloss paint can withstand. I wouldnt be surprised if it could cope with 200 or 300v, but only barely, for a while.

NT

Reply to
meow2222