Sunvic Thermostat problems.

I am replacing my sunvic 2259 thermostat with a sunvic 4101, but can't make sence of the wiring.

The 2259 has 3 connections and the earth connected to a metal back plate, while the 4101 has connections COM, DEM, SAT, and N. I can't figure out which wire to stick where.

I have read an earlier post on there where the poster had 3 wires - red, black and unsheathed. But i have 4 wires, blue, red, yellow and unsheathed.

All help gratefully recieved...running out of 3 amp fuses now lol.

Thanks in advance.

Matt.

Reply to
matt1245

COMmon (live) DEMand (switched live when its too cold) SATisfied (swwitched live when its warm enough) Neutral.

No earth it seems

Normally red goes to COMmon Blue goes to Neutral Yellow goes to DEMand

Unsheathed (EARTH) won't be connected, and neither will SATisfied.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

There is a table with the wiring diagram, and for the 4101 it shows that com goes into hole 2, dem goes into hole 1, sat goes into hole 3, and the neutral is listed as n/a.

I take it i don't wire the neutral then?

Can you tell i'm new to this lol.

Thanks

Matt.

Reply to
matt1245

If it's an electronic stat rather than a mechanical one, it won't have an accelerator heater and you don't need a neutral for the heater return - so the blue wire needs to be taped off and made safe.

It sounds like you connected it to SAT to stop it being lonely! The stat is a changeover switch which connects the live input (COMmon) either to DEMand (when the room temperature is below the stat setting) or to SATisfied (when the room temperature is above the stat setting). For a normal heating system, you don't need anything connected to SAT. If you connect neutral to it, as soon as the room warms up to the set temperature, you get a dead short between live and neutral - with a resulting loud BANG!

Reply to
Roger Mills

Thanks a lot for your help guys.

Got it working now(till the next problem comes up lol).

Matt.

Reply to
matt1245

BLUE goes to NEUTRAL.