SUNVIC RF stat still playing up..

Last gasp appeal before I contact the manufacturers..

I posted lats week trying to work out why the stat wasn't working properly, and re-programmed it and fitted new batteries. (thought: I hope they were new, anyway, must put a meter on them)

The symptoms are that it fails to be received occasionally.

I.e. the red light comes on steady.

If I go to the stat and reset the temperature to force it to come on or go off then the fault clears. Possibly me standing by it improves radio reception?

But, left to itself, in due course it fails to receive..or at least the red light comes on..and it stays that way till I program a change of state of the stat..

As I understand it, it should transmit every 5 mins or so..it seems not to be doing this...

Any ideas?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In article , The Natural Philosopher writes

Got a scanner so you can hear what's happening on that frequency?.

No Tetra masts nearby that are de sensitising it?..

Reply to
tony sayer

No and no..

Is it 2.4 Ghz?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No.. around 433 MHz IIRC could just be on a null point perhaps, pity you can't hear it on air...

Reply to
tony sayer

In message , The Natural Philosopher wrote

Is it on the same frequency as your or a neighbours, wireless router?

Reply to
Alan

Try moving it closer to the receiver to confirm it works. If as someone suggested - it works on 433, that is an radio amateur frequency. Perhaps you have an active amateur living near or an amateur repeater on the same or similar frequency. There is not much you can do, they/we have priority.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield