Sunvic Programmable Room Thermostar TLX 6501 (revisited)

Hi,

I've been reading the forum around the TLX 6510 and came across thi useful thread:

have an old Honeywell T6360B room thermostat and I'm in the middle o decorating. I'm trying to get something that looks a bit nicer (an digital, too) and I've been to B&Q and bought a Sunvic TLX 6501.

The problem I'm facing is this:

The Honeywell thermostat has 3 wires (blue, brown and yellow), which believe are (taken from thread above):

Blue - Neutral Brown - CH on (i.e. permanent live) Yellow/Green - switched live

It's wired as follows (from left to right)

Earth

2 Blue 3 Yellow 4 1 Red 5 Not used (no terminal attached) 6 Not used (no terminal attached)

(I believe that 5 and 6 are for an optional LED, which this mode doesn't have).

The new Sunvic TLX 6501 has 3 terminals (although the thread mentioned above suggests that only 2 are used).

Based on my current setup with the Honeywell, can anyone help m decipher which wires to use and which colours go where?

The Sunvic has the following options: NO COM NC

I'm hoping that what I've bought will still do the same job as the ol analogue Honeywell, but the advantage of this is that during the colde months, I can leave the heating on all day (we don't normally do this and have it automatically set lower during the night and warmer durin the day.

Thanks for your help. Mat

-- DIY-Matt

Reply to
DIY-Matt

Hi,

Just bought the Sunvic myself from B&Q to replace an old 3 wire thermostat and it works a treat.

I have a new combi fitted which I have set to "Constant" in order that the Sunvic can control the heating.

My old connections were Live, Neutral and Heat. I connected the Live to the COM terminal and Heat (for switching the heting on) to the NO connection. The Neutral is not required for this type of thermostat and I have safely terminated that wire.

All works great and it looks quiet cool too.

Andy

Reply to
Andy