Sunrod G100

Hi, I have a Glow worm Sun rod G100 boiler and since I've been living here don't seem to be able to seperate the heating from the hot water and on nights like tonight its pretty awful; can anyone give advice on whether there is any switch, button etc... that can seperate the two functions? Thanks

Reply to
Valerie

How old is the boiler - I can't find any reference to it?!

Is it a Combi which provides 'instant' hot water - or a conventional boiler which heats a tankful of hot water plus some radiators?

Are there any controls/time-switches/room thermostats anywhere? If so, make and model of each of these - or better still, some photos* - would be useful.

  • You would need to upload photos to a website somewhere, and post just a link to it here
Reply to
Set Square

I don't know this boiler but usually there should be a programmer on the wall somewhere. From the programmer you can usually select either hot water or heating or both. Often it is in the airing cupboard - but it could be anywhere.

Also, if you have a room thermostat on a wall somewhere, such as the sitting room, or hall, turn that down.

Good luck.

Reply to
CEGrey

]I don't know this boiler but usually there should be a programmer on the wall somewhere. From the programmer you can usually select either hot water or heating or both. Often it is in the airing cupboard - but it could be anywhere. Also, if you have a room thermostat on a wall somewhere, such as the sitting room, or hall, turn that down.

If the boiler is old like my Glow-worm Sunrod then the only option to change from water heating to radiators is to switch off the heating at each radiator where it is not required. The general advice is that these Glow-worm boilers keep going for ever and you should think a lot before changing to a 'combi' and then say 'NO' since the latest boilers require lots of servicing and are often giving trouble it appears.

Reply to
Geoff