sun tube

The council here actually refused to fix someone's gas heater in their living room because they had fitted a ceiling fan. Telling the prat that came round that she would never use a heater and a fan at the same time of year didn't get through his thick skull. If it had been me I would have removed it, let him fix the fire, then replace it. But she couldn't be bothered putting it up again and gave the fan away.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

Some people are very paranoid.....

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

Question: Now that replacement windows come under building regs - at least from an insulation point of view, do they now require them to be a means of escape when the originals were not??

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

The consequences of a burglary are minor compared to a fire.

Here's a hint, don't get burgled every two minutes.

Reply to
dennis

Only in Britain are you forced to look after yourself.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

Bullshit. You're assuming a quick thief and a huge fire.

I don't. But two houses in this street have been burgled in 12 years. None have caught fire.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

Did you land on your head?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Ceiling fan as in 3' diameter thing that stirs the air in the room or ceiling fan as in extract?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I don't refer to myself in the third person.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

Stir.

Reply to