Summer house replacement base

I have a 10ft x 8 ft summerhouse which I inherited a couple of years ago,previous owner had it on a concrete Base and was in perfect condition. My ex laid a bed of slabs spaced apart and built summerhouse on that. I recently went to replace the carpet that was over the wooden Base and found at the back it had been getting damp.i think this was due to us storing things at the back of it and water getting behind and sitting at the bottom. I dismantled the thing this weekend and the floor is in 2 half's both pieces at the back have rot and the wooden frame at the back is completely rotten and so are some of the t & g boards back to the first bearer approx 2 ft. Now I'm figuring what would be the best way to repair. Ive searched and cannot find wood the same size as the bearers that are currently on the Base,nor can I find tongue and groove in the same size. I thought to build a new framework and put osb ply on and build the summerhouse back up on that but the slabs my ex laid appear not to be fully level,I can't lift them as the edge ones go halfway under decking that was built either side of the summerhouse, so options to make the framework level were to use adjustable feet so cam heighten and lower parts, putting legs inside each corner to raise each side to a level height, or just put back on the slabs as they are. Buy a ready made Base or kit from a supplier. Looking at which will be the cheapest option as just had to remortgage to pay ex so money is tight right now, Have had that many ideas I'm not sure on the best way to go,as need to get it sorted as don't want it left in bits for too long, many thanks in advance

Reply to
suzanne

A clear picture or 2 would surely help.

What are those sizes?

a picture would save time

There are lots of options. Start by ruling out anything pre-made at huge markup & showing us pics. And:

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I had a similar problem with a shed that was here when I moved in. The roof had not been maintained and had leaked as well as various other problems. In the end I could save about half the roof and half the floor. I used the good timbers from there to repair the back corner than was rotten. I made up new floor bearers, and put in a 3/4" WBP ply floor, new roof joists, and a 1/2" OSB deck.

The dimensions are not going to be critical, although you may need to run new ones under the whole thing.

On my shed I had a similar problem. So I bought a few large dense concrete blocks from the builders merchant, and then worked out what size of block I needed in each pad location, and just cut them to the required size with a 9" angle grinder. So the bearers (wrapped in DPC material at the contact points) sit on the concrete pads, and they in turn sit on the base and tune out any error in level.

Reply to
John Rumm

There's also these

newshound