Summer House re-felting

The question about rotating a shed (and the answer about the roofs being designed for weight bearing down on them) made me wonder if my plans for the summerhouse re-furb are worthwhile.

As I am currently doing the conservatory, I have a couple of acrows. I was planning to use just one of those internally in the summer house when I re-felt the top of it. Bad idea? Would I be better just getting up there - will it support me (15 stone fatboy!)? ;-) I imagine it's about 10' x 8', all timber, with a pitched roof.

Cheers

JW

Reply to
John Whitworth

We dont know the roof design or timber sizes. I've seen roofs that would support and ones that definitely wouldnt.

NT

Reply to
NT

Most seem OK, I'm also a FB and I've never had a problem.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

To be honest, it's very difficult to say the exact construction, as the previous owner of the house, panelled the entire summer house, so I can't see any of the structural timbers!

JW

Reply to
John Whitworth

Cheers - I'll keep an ear open for any loud creaks, and make sure I know a quick way down (that isn't through the roof!) ;-)

JW

Reply to
John Whitworth

Putting a load spreading sheet up there and standing on that can help

NT

Reply to
NT