Summer

Hi all

I purchase a split air con unit for my flat, =A3399 from b&q. Got it, tested it and it work great.

My wife sad it is too big and we will probably use it for three weeks because in the rest of the summer it is not that hot.

We moved to London in the winter and I never spend time in the London summer so I don't know how hot it gets in the summer here.

Now she want to send it back and get a ceiling fun instead (she say it is enough)

What do you Londoners' say? Keep it or send it back? How hot is it in the summer?

Reply to
Golan

Hi all

I purchase a split air con unit for my flat, =A3399 from b&q. Got it, tested it and it work great.

My wife sad it is too big and we will probably use it for three weeks because in the rest of the summer it is not that hot.

We moved to London in the winter and I never spend time in the London summer so I don't know how hot it gets in the summer here.

Now she want to send it back and get a ceiling fun instead (she say it is enough)

What do you Londoners' say? Keep it or send it back? How hot is it in the summer?

Reply to
Golan

Well... it depends on where you are making the comparison.

The average temperature in London in July is around 22-27 degrees wth relative humidity 60% or more. It can be more.

In Jerusalem 31-35 degrees humidity 35%. In Tel Aviv, if I remember correctly, it gets far more humid.

It is relative humidity that causes discomfort rather than temperature.

A fan may cause people to feel cooler if it causes an increased evaporation of sweat. It won't help when the humidity is high.

On the other hand, if one is used to a humid Mediterranean climate, London may seem comfortable.

It would probably be difficult to get your money back from B&Q since you have installed the AC and it's working anyway.

I would suggest keeping the thing but in future letting your wife be involved in these purchasing decisions.

Reply to
Andy Hall

"Golan" wrote: Hi all

I purchase a split air con unit for my flat, £399 from b&q. Got it, tested it and it work great.

My wife sad it is too big and we will probably use it for three weeks because in the rest of the summer it is not that hot.

We moved to London in the winter and I never spend time in the London summer so I don't know how hot it gets in the summer here.

Now she want to send it back and get a ceiling fun instead (she say it is enough)

What do you Londoners' say? Keep it or send it back? How hot is it in the summer? ===================

Send it back? Is this for a refund?

Reply to
News Groups

Why, do they come in different colours?

Reply to
Stuart Noble

For the same reason a husbands do, I presume.

Reply to
Roger Mills

About as good as it gets. Try telling my friend's parents who are visiting sunny Doncaster from Delhi that it is/was not cold today.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Well... mine's white and from Surrey, don't know about yours....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Not Purley? Famous place Purley.............

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

It is?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink..................

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You've lost me....

Reply to
Andy Hall

To true.. last time I was in Texas the weather forecasts were all going on about the cold snap.. It was 85f and I was walking around in a tee shirt.. the locals had coats on.

Reply to
dennis

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 21:37:47 +0100, Andy Hall mused:

I went to Purley once.

Reply to
Lurch

Is that where the Purley King and Queen live?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

A dangerous precedent, surely? Unless asserting authority would lead to the withdrawal of wifely favours.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

One can get orange ones in Essex and Glasgow, I've heard.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

It will if she spends more time slaving over a hot stove.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I it is a split mobile unit not a permanent one. so it can be sent back.

Reply to
Golan

On what basis?

It isn't faulty.

B&Q have a no questions asked 30 day return policy, however.

Reply to
Andy Hall