sulphate and mortar

We are extending our house and having a retaining wall built of bricks and mortar to make room for it. The architect has specified 'sulphate-free hardcore' to backfill. I suppose this is because of possible sulfate attack on the mortar.

Our builder is going to use rubble from the demolition of a 70s concrete block utility room as the fill. This doesn't contain any plasterboard but the walls were plastered. Should I be concerned?

Leo

Reply to
lschalkwyk

Normally such walls are specced to be built with SRPC

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Isn't that the case if the wall is to be cast concrete (and SRPC), rather than (as in this case) brickwork.

Is there an SRPC equivalent for brickie's mortar?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

What is SRPC - I'm trying Steel Reinforced P?? Concrete ? Rob

Reply to
Rob G

(sulphate resistant portland cement) jim

Reply to
jim