Suitable timber for diy-ing a fence?

HI Folks Following the recent gales, the fence/windbreak is looking a little ragged!

It consists of post & triple-rail timber, to which we added some split-bamboo-on-a-roll (as a temporary measure). This stuff was very cheap (about a tenner a 12ft length) and has stood up to two or three winters - so can't complain.

Thinking now about something a bit longer-lasting - maybe using roofing laths (19x38mm) for the uprights, spaced one or 1.5 laths apart. Logic behind this being that it comes ready-treated, and it's probably the cheapest way to buy rough-sawn timber? True or false ?

We're in a 'country' situation - so don't need suburban planed / painted etc. - just to act as a windbreak and give a framework fro growing climbing plants.

Any alternative ideas / experiences please ? TIA Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall

There's probably a fencing supplier somewhere in your area where you can buy treated rough sawn in virtually any dimension. Laths from a regular timber merchant tend to be over priced IME

Reply to
stuart noble

Hi Stuart Good plan - I know just the guy to ask..... Thanks Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall