Suggestions......please

On Saturday I bought a new ceiling light fitting - it has 5 x 40watt G9 (Halopin) Bulbs in slender cylindrical glass shades. The frosted shades are moulded (cast) onto a threaded metal ring.

Since Saturday it has spent most of its time dimmed to 25%.

Today I found that 3 of the shades have significant cracks in them.

We spent ages choosing the fitting and we like it.

Do you think I may have a bad batch and should accept a replacements with a contingency of spares - or return it to the shop for my money back and start searching over again?

Reply to
John

I'd try a replacement and if the faults appeared again ask for a refund.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I assume that that the crack were not there when you put it up!

Personaly i would take it back to get a replacement if i liked it so much.

Get a replacement and tell the manager that if the same problem occurs you must have a refund in full.

Good luck mate

Andy

Reply to
Andy Pandy

Did the bulbs come with it - or did you buy them separately?

If the latter, I presume that they don't exceed the max permitted wattage for the shades?

Reply to
Set Square

Yes - the bulbs were in the box - and the box states 40watts.

Reply to
John