Suggestions on how to put a slot in wood - constructional project

Don't know why I did not think of a bandsaw .. my neighbour has one ... maybe this is the solution (unless somebody else has a neat idea)

Reply to
Rick Hughes

As the plates had to be 8mm thick and structural calcs had to be provided for this job, there is no option to use what you suggest - they look suited for decks ... but not for full structural loading of a roof. Also - I have already had these made - so money spent.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Thought this was going to be an answer - but no the width is 16mm, I want a slot of 8.5 (or 9mm) so too big - a pity.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Cant see how you'll get anyhting neater (and cheaper) than a neighbours bandsaw .Go for it . Just make sure the posts are guided accurately and make sure you stop the cut at the proper place .

Stuart .

Reply to
Stuart

20GBP? spent at a lumber yard is time and money well spent.
Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

No, me neither, but you could fix the post securely to the table then raise the blade.

Reply to
Bob Martin