Suggested Pipe cutting tool

I have had the pipes sunk in a wall ready for installing a mixer shower valve. The Mira instructions call for the pipes to project at right angles (only) 13mm beyond the finished wall surface. Currently they are more than this.

After plastering and tiling I will need to remove the push fit end stops and cut them to the correct length.

Is there a reasonably priced tool that will do this - bearing in mind there are two pipes at 153 mm centres.

I would prefer to do it after finishing the wall to be sure of getting it right.

Reply to
John

One of these?

a hacksaw using a 13mm thick nut or washers over the pipe as a guide

Reply to
RCW

'Monument' brand of pipe-slice is available from other outlets - Amazon just came up first in the search results :) the 'cut line' is coincident with the middle joint on the slice - so you should be able to scribe a mark at 13mm and position the slice onto your mark. You'll have _at least_ two mill to play with :) [Even my daughter says; " one needs neither skill nor strength to get a perfect cut with this type of slicer"]

In yer dreams :)

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

The pipe slicers mentioned will do the job if it's copper, if it's plastic you'll need a plastic pipe cutter like this:

that, a junior hacksaw will cut both types of pipe with ease, and do you *really* need to spend £10 - £20 on a tool you may only use once or twice?

Reply to
Phil L

MBQ

Reply to