Suffolk Extension Builders

I am about to place a 2 storey extention to my 1870's property in Suffolk and I need a better approach to choosing a reliable builder then sticking a pin in the yellow pages.

Has anybody had any good work done latley that they could recommend ?

Reply to
Matt King

Suffolk is a big county and no builder round my way would thank me for work in Lowestoft. Where are you?

Anna

-- ~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England |""""| ~ Plaster conservation, freehand modelling in lime / ^^ \ // Overmantels, pargeting etc |____|

01359 230642

Reply to
Anna Kettle

Sorry - Yes the house is near Stowmarket in mid-suffolk

Reply to
Matt King

Ahh , mid Suffolk. Used to have a very on the ball planning department, but in the last year two conservation officers and six planners have left

I'm not sure if this is an advantage or a disadvantage. Probably everything is being passed on the nod but it takes a loooooonnnnnnnng time for the nod to happen

Somewhere in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet there is a list of recommended workmen and women which is going gently out of date. Ask them to send you a copy.

Anna

-- ~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England |""""| ~ Plaster conservation, freehand modelling in lime / ^^ \ // Overmantels, pargeting etc |____|

01359 230642

Reply to
Anna Kettle

In article , Anna Kettle writes

Yes there is a shortage of planners at mid-suffolk which probably means that stuff is going through on the nod so doesn't bode well for developments in conservation areas and sensitive areas, its a disgrace that areas described as having conservation status have less and less protection.

Reply to
David