Substrate for shower enclosure

An old house;I have a bathroom in which the wall on which the electric shwer unit is mounted is very uneven. It's also only 4" thick. I'd like to chase both the cold water supply and electric cable (electric down; water up from cellar), to make it neater with no visible cables or pipes, but I think it would still need a lot of dubbing out to give decent cover. The wall is about 2.4Mht X 3M wide That's a lot of work and another trade. So my question is; Can I use WBP plydood on battens; or maybe some special wallboard. Appropriate tile adhesive and grout obviously.

Reply to
snowie

For sure. Alternatively (and preferably IMHO) use Aquapanel instead of WBP ply (google the archives of this ng for lots of info on Aquapanel).

David

Reply to
Lobster