Stupidness at the rubbish dump

How do you find your local freecycle place?

I need a new office chair.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not sure what it's internals are made out of, people who have cut them open comment it's just a perforated metal tube blocked off at the end, the perforations are stupidly tiny and so superheat the exhaust gasses in the chamber to burn the nasties off.. apparantly, i know the outer chamber is stainless and very thick, the thing weighs about 12 kilo's people rekon,

it's not a CAT as in the type fitted to cars, as the bike has carbs, something like those K cats the germans have to fit to old carbed cars.

headers come from the cylinders (V twin) and go via a 2 into 1 piece into the cat which is located under the bike between the rear wheel and the engine, where the centre stand lives, it does a 90 degree turn to enter the cat box, then comes out the same side it went in, so the gasses have to do a

180 degree turn whilst being squeezed through the tiny holes, there's no lambada sensor or owt, the carbs have throttle position sensors on them, but that's for the timing advance.
Reply to
gazz

I had a hedge trimmer and grass cutter surplus when we moved into a town house with no garden. I advertised them as free to anyone. Ended up on the tip after a month.

Reply to
Alang

Where on earth are you? Maybe your group is too local?

Reply to
mogga

So in reality what does "upto 90" actually mean?

Well as Mandy Rice-Davies (I think it was) said "they would say that wouldn't they"! :-)

Reply to
tinnews

The message

from robgraham contains these words:

In which case it's very different from the scumbags in Edinbrugh :-(

Reply to
Appin

The place is a moderated mailing list, see

Andy Wade

I advertised them with the local allotments groups

Only started up a couple of weeks ago but you need to register with yahoo. I dont trust them with my data.

Reply to
Alang

That's a shame - I recently shifted all manner of (to me) rubbish via Freecycle, and it was refreshing to see it all go to a good home rather than landfill.

Rob

Reply to
Rob

Maybe not, but it doesn't invalidate his statement.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

well, i havent read about anyone getting less than 75mpg from theirs, some report 90 mpg all the time, others report from 80 to 85,

basicaly it'll do what i want, cost f*ck all to tax, very little to insure, and use half the ammount of fuel i use now in the micra, and i can park it in those little gaps that a standard length car just can't get into without being pushed in sideways.

Reply to
gazz

Took another load down to the dump in the trailer today, this time it was the kitchen sink, the cut up cabiner, but of worktop, a fridge and a bit of cardboard.

bloke comes over after i'd been up the ramps to the skips a few times and says 'i really should make you take all that out the skips and put it back in your trailer, all kitchen items must be brought down in the boot of a car, and when the camera's are installed you'll get a criminal record for doing this' !!!!

fer fecks sake, this is getting stupider and stupider, it'd be easier to stick a bit of duck tape on the numberplates and drive to a layby at night with the trailer, remove the tail gate and drive off fast.

Reply to
gazz

Works very well as a (virtually) free cycle. The "distance from" filter is the key, but people don't seem to realise it's there

Reply to
stuart noble

I suspect there's as much as there ever was, if not more - just that there are now more new items available than before. I rarely have trouble finding used items I'm looking for on there.

Regards.

Reply to
Stephen Howard

In message , Anita Palley writes

They refused to empty a neighbour's bin because it had a few leaves (a dustpan full at the very most) in it which he had picked up as he put the bin out, at the edge of his property, with the handle facing the road, not blocking the footpath, not overloaded so the lid wouldn't close, with no extra bags or boxes on top or at the side.

They seemed surprised to be told to f*ck off (slightly more politely but it's what I was thinking) when they knocked on for a Christmas tip last year.

Santa won't be leaving them anything down this road this year after the spilled nappies (not from our house although we do have a poo machine) which took me and a neighbour almost an hour to clear up with hose pipe and shovel after they'd been run over and spread everywhere.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

In message , "dennis@home" writes

It's still done and it makes money although not lots. I regularly see a bloke taking stuff to refurbish and re-sell, he makes a living at it. You need a local council license to extract waste from the tip but I don't know if the council need a license to extract the urine.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Have they done a safety assessment for members of the public getting things out of skips? If not, seems a good basis to refuse to do so...

(Use their madness against them.)

Reply to
Rod

Take his name, and record him saying it on a video, and then send it oto teh beeb.

And invite your local MP to say how not putting stuff in a trailer will save the planet.

Don't make it a layby: make it outside the local council offices.

Let's face it, theres no one there after 4:30pnm anyway.

Better still, dump it all outside local councillors drives.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Post it on Uk-legal; I'd like to know which laws/ by-laws they are using to regulate which vehicles/ trailers can/can't use the facilities which we (rate payers) have paid for. It costs them money, so they want to deter legitimate users.

I used to see numerous commercial vehicles at my local tip and notes discretely changing hands. I was paying for that too.

Reply to
Onetap

Indeed. I recycle quite a lot of stuff anyway but I'm loath to go through either google or yahoo given their record on data collection. It may be a bit paranoid but paranoia is nature's way of telling one to take care.

Reply to
Alang