Stupid cat

Two of my cats tried to exit the cat flap simultaneously. There was a loud yelp from both of them as they got squashed, then they eventually managed to get through.

The end result is the cheap shit Chinese catflap now has a crack in it. This means one of the cats won't go through it, she just sits there whining at me. The flap opens easily as it always has done, I just checked it.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

What, no Youtube video of this most important situation? C'mon. After such a heart rending story, your audience has assembled and is waiting.

Reply to
pamela

Yes, I'll go back in time and hold a video camera when they're about to do it.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Should be easy enough, you made it all up the first time.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Let me oblige. :-)

pamela

One of mine is fatter than those, hence they were actually jammed.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

No I didn't. Why would I need to make up something that likely?

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

I doubt its the crack, its the experience of getting stuck. One has to realise that cats have different thought processes to us. To us its the cats fault for trying to get through the flap, to the cat, its the fault of the flap n to not be wide enough suddenly, so it was not yesterday, so why should it be today? The answer is a bit at a time. A treat is placed on the other side of the flap, and the flap operated manually just enough to let her ( female cats do this a lot) and then shut again, if you do this a few times as the interst wanes, like a game eventually the curiosity will allow it to go through. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

Don't you think they're clever enough to know that 2 cats does not equal 1 cat? I mean they can do basic avoidance like seeing a car coming, or moving out of the way when I'm walking towards them.

The food is inside the house. It had to overcome the fear itself if it didn't want to starve. It did.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Bilbo lived me for 10 years before he ran in front of a moving car and was killed. And I do not think the new cat will last ten years before it gets run over.

Reply to
ARW

True enough one of mine got run over. It stayed here for 6 months, then disappeared for 2 months, then came back for 6 months, then disappeared for another 2 months, then my next door neighbour found it run over and thrown into her garden. Whoever ran it over must have thought it was hers (she has a cat too). She wasn't very happy to have a dead cat on her lawn, she thought it was hers at first and nearly had a heart attack.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265