Stump removal

In message , Muddymike writes

Not at all if done correctly i.e. primarily avoiding the use of shackles and using a drag line so that the stump doesn't come flying up your arse

- and not all Defenders are ragtops. And I've been on an MOD off-road recovery course. Nothing to write home about.

Reply to
bert

I used a small digger for all mine.

Dig a trench round, sever any big laterals with the digger if it can or an axe or saw if it cant.

You are left with deeper roots and maybe a tap root, and rocking the rootball a bit generally works.

Or you can use a spade and a pickaxe.

Then its time for the mighty heave in which a towrope and vehicle may be employed but I prefer the digger or simply brute strength

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Didn't look like a kinetic rope to me.

Reply to
bert

Darwin strike again.

Reply to
bert

In message , rbel writes

If you can, cut the front and rear roots then the trunk can rotate around the side roots and twist them off.

Reply to
bert

This stump is only 4" in diameter. No need for check shirts and offroad vehicles :-)

Reply to
stuart noble