Stump removal

I was shuddering at the phrase, but I think I would at the price too.

Reply to
Andy Burns

leylandii is full of natural turpentine.

They go up like rockets

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Trying to burn the trimmings when I lopped 3m of the height was a no-go ..... loads of smoke, so much so had to put fire out. Didn't want to burn green & damp wood that is for sure.

Reply to
rick

IME stump grinders are very slow unless attached to a JCB size machine..

Reply to
Capitol

alan_m

Heavy lift helicopter? ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

a nearby house hired a crane to get conservatory parts over the roof top.

Reply to
charles

So between you and the field is a heavily wooded area and a 25' drop.....

Why the heck do you need to replant with anything? Just drop the leylandii by taking them off at/near ground level and forget about the stumps.

If you find it necessary to have a demarked boundary put in a post and rail fence. You could even leave a reasonable stump height and nail the rails to them.

Reply to
Mark Allread

"Remove tree stump with hi-lift jack"

I like that.