stud wall on top of damp proof membrane.

Hi all,

I am laying a damp proof membrane on top of an existing ,dry, poured concrete floor. I will the be framing and insulating the stone walls . Is there a special fixing reqired in order not to break the damp proof barrier when fixing the timber to the poured concrete floor?

Thanks

Jim

Reply to
vivienne wykes

Hi Jim (I guess Vivienne your Saturday night name but it's Wednesday today...),

I can't answer your question but FWIW, I noticed recently that a local luxury house builder just bolted straight into the concrete through the DPM - no special fixings, sealants etc. That was on a raised and dry site so I guess there will be no problems but if your site is moist...

One thought is to lay the DPM then cast another slab on top which you can bolt to - only suitable if you have the height or alternatively, you could just sit the frames on the DPM and bolt them to the walls above DPC level which would stop them moving. Most of the forces are down so it wouldn't require much. Perhaps a quick chat with your BCO would be in order. I'm not sure what you would do about internal walls though - perhaps your layout allows you to join them to each other to prevent horizontal movement?

I'd love to hear if you get a solution so please post back if you do.

Alan (Yvonne on Saturday nights).

Reply to
Alan Campbell