Stuck Electric Shower Knob

Hi

I have a Gainsborough 850 Electric Shower and it wasn't turning on. opened the front panel and checked the electric supply, which was fine. I pressed the dial (the gear-type rotating dial) and the thing turned o and gave very hot water. The thing is, the dial on the front panel i not pressable, so I am assuming this was some type of bypass. AND th dial inside refuses to turn with reasonable force. Should I use brut force to try and turn it? Is something else holding it in place? Ca anyone give me a 'how-it-works' as far as the rotary dial setting i concerned. Thanks

Ri

-- rizwanriaz

Reply to
rizwanriaz

The rotating dial only controls the flow of water through the heating tank in the shower. The more you turn the flow down, the slower the water goes through the tank, so the water gets hotter. This means something else is wrong with the shower.

You could try contacting these guys

or
for more help on this.

Reply to