Strimmer advice needed.

I agree. I have been using one of their cordless 36v units for a year and it really is very good.

In addition to trimming lawn edges and around trees etc I use it to manage our wildflower areas and it copes very well.

Reply to
rbel

Sounds interesting! My current Flymo has a head which can be rotated 90° to allow it to trim vertically where lawn and path edges meet. Does the Stihl do that? If not, is it relatively easy to trim like that with it anyway?

The head stays in one position - the handle on the shaft is adjustable so the machine can be operated quite comfortably at whatever angle you wish.

I suggest that you have a look at one at your nearest Stihl dealer, if they are anything like ours in Exeter they will be very helpful.

rbel

I have a RYOBI Expandit system ... works superbly .. even has electric start.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

You're lucky. I had the Expand-It one (non electric start) and it chewed up a gear in the hedge trimmer attachment. The gear cost nearly as much as a whole new trimmer so it did not get replaced.

A couple of years later the Ryobi engine literally fell apart (carb assembly dropped off I *think* - anyway went on top of the skip.

Reply to
Tim Watts