Strap tensioners for laminate flooring

Are these useful? All the sheds seem to stock them. I haven't used them in the past, but if they can assist in getting tight joints, I'd buy one or two.
MM

They're useful for glued flooring - to hold each group of 3 or so boards tightly together while the glue sets. No much use for click-fit as far as I can see.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

I can now answer my own question! Yes, they ARE useful, even essential. To close up the tiniest gap, they are very useful. I am using the Superclick flooring from Floors-2-Go, and it's q-u-i-t-e easy to lay. However, a strap tensioner really pulls those boards together tightly. I took one back and got a refund (I had purchased two), since I found I needed only one.
Hope this helps anyone who is about to lay some flooring! Also, I scoured the sheds, plus Allied Carpet and CarpetRight, for door threshold strips and finally settled on Westco ones from Homebase at 6.49 each. These are T-profile and very easy to fit. Available in various "woods". They give an excellent finish to the floor, in my opinion.
By the way, it's a 10% off day at Homebase tomorrow (Friday)!
MM