Strange (to me) pipe sizes

Hi chaps,

i am lucky enough to be about to plumb in my new heat pump! But unfortunately the pipes sizes coming out the back, I'm not familiar with the sizes! There are 6 pipe stubs, 2 at 38mm, 2 at 27mm and 2 plastic ones at

25mm. How the hell am i gonna plumb these in? I suppose what i need are reducers/converters to either 28mm or 22mm so i can plumb to the buffer and hot water tanks.

Are these sizes known as anything else? Where can i find fittings?

Also, the installation manual asks that traps be fitted on the inlets to the pump, are there such filters easily available?

cheers

Steve

Reply to
Mr Sandman

inlets to the

What is the country of origin?

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

From the headers he seems to be in France - so that may be the problem of the sizes!

Cash

Reply to
Cash

What you need is to use the same size or larger pipes. The manufacturer would not have chosen those sizes if smaller ones would do the job.

As you appear to be posting from France, I suggest trying a French pluimbers' merchant. The sizes do not seem to match British pipe sizes. Standard copper sizes are 28mm, 35mm and 42mm. Plastic 3/4" pipe would be

26mm OD.

Should also be available at the plumbers' merchant.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

All the sizes sound like normal pipe sizes found right across Europe. Only thing is the outside diameter of the wall of the pipe may vary slightly, but are all the same in actuallity.

By TRAPs on the inlets, I think this has been mis-read. I think you are reading TAPs so that the pump can be isolated for maintenance or repair. Maybe a visit to SpecSavers is in order. :-)

..

Reply to
BigWallop

Pump is from china, i am in France, but will source all the fittings in England as my French isn't quite up to scratch, and getting anything in France is a nightmare, i would end up driving many many miles tracking bits and pieces down! I have measured the internal diameter of the large pipe and it appears to be 35mm ID, the smaller copper pipes are about 23mm ID, so are these 35mm and 22mm pipes? Id like to be able to use compression fittings on the back of the heat pump rather than solder. I imagine i will have to solvent weld the plastic pipes?

Cheers

Steve

Reply to
Mr Sandman