Strange Cupboard

Can't see the problem in that if the lintel is adequately sized.

Reply to
Jim

the window sags where the frame is taking the weight of the roof where the lintel oak beam has snapped where an iron U-bolt thingy was taking all the weight..

I can see it clearly from my garden, you must be a bit further away! [g]

Reply to
george (dicegeorge)

I think that's what I meant in my post above, I just couldn't find the right words ;)

Reply to
brass monkey

Earthquake refuge due to being located on the San Andrex fault.

Reply to
Lino expert

Put in a proper sized lintel or an RSJ. 8-)

I assume the builder was either inexperienced or just wanted the cash.

If you are in the midlands I know a very good structural engineer that would know how to solve it.. but he is head of building control on one of the councils so you would have to fix it if he found out.

Reply to
dennis

yep, at least 3, surveyor coming back next week after i stripped plaster off a wall and found more 'issues'

it lasted over a hundred years..

however this thread is about DIY pipeweed growing, I will start a new topic on my roof when i'v digested the surveyor's ideas

[g]
Reply to
george (dicegeorge)

If it has snapped, then one could take that as not being "adequately sized" ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

He is probably just TMH's stalker morphed into yet another handle...

Reply to
John Rumm

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Huge saying something like:

LOL! Priceless.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Oh, I dont know. Rather endearing I thought. Lots of customers need to be told to FOAD.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Assuming he is a potential client & not a f****it troll that is.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I like SMI. Most residents have high disposable incomes :-)

I think he only exists in a virtual world...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Thats in Northfleet...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

It doesn't really matter, any other potential customers reading that will probably now look elsewhere.

Reply to
dennis

Do you have any idea how much business I get from being on this group Dennis? None, zero, zilch.

Do you know what my biggest problem is Dennis? Finding time to book in all the work.

Assuming he was a potential client, I don't need to work for idiots.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In message , "dennis@home" writes

Lucky that you're not a potential customer, then

Reply to
geoff

Could you tell me please how you arrived at the conclusions in your last sentence - as I see nothing of the kind in my post?

By the way, I see you as an abusive idiot who lacks even a vestige of common sense.

T Williams

Reply to
T Williams

Mr George,

I'm glad that you approve of him, and the reference that you give is commendable (and I take note of your "not a lack of confidentiality in

*THIS* case", and its implication), but alas, I will not be employing him.

T Williams

Reply to
T Williams

The Natural Philosopher,

Not if as business, you wish to be profitable! That's one of the problems with the 'Internet' many people think that clients and employers do not know how to use it - and fall into the rather simple trap of writing adverse comments thinking that they will not be seen.

T Williams

Reply to
T Williams