Strange behaviour with my central heating...

My central heating has separate switches for hot water and heating. I was disappointed to discover that all through winter the central heating only switch hadn't been heating the hot water also (as expected from earlier experiences with similar systems).
Now, all of a sudden, it has started to generate hot water as well!
Apart from magic, what could be the explanation?
Add pictures here
✖

The hot water zone valve may have failed. The systems that are incapable of not heating the hot water when the CH is on are usually ancient inefficient gravity fed models. It sounds like your new system is a bit more modern and can control the hot water independently, saving money and preventing the hot water overheating.
Alternatively, someone has found the unlabelled emergency immersion switch and turned it on, wondering what it did.
Christian.
Add pictures here
✖
A vague thought as the weather warms up. Does the boiler dump overrun heat into the tank?
On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 09:46:49 -0000, "Christian McArdle"

Lawrence
usenet at lklyne dt co dt uk
Add pictures here
✖
In an earlier contribution to this discussion, Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè-

You'll need to tell us a bit more about the system! Presumably, it is fully pumped - rather than gravity HW and pumped CH? Does it have a 3-port valve (Y-plan) to direct water to the HW and CH circuits, or does it have 2 separate 2-port zone valves (S-plan)? [If you're not sure, have a look at http://content.honeywell.com/uk/homes/systems.htm and try to work out what you've got].
--
Cheers,
Set Square