Straightening timber

I bought some 33mm x 260mm yellow pine from a good timber yard and they were dead straight before I began working on them. But after routing out some rectangles for panelling one of the 2m long pieces has a slight bow of about 1" along its length. Will I be able to mechanically straighten something this thick and wide?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

You can - but it won't stay that way unless suitably restrained.

Reply to
Phil

Wood should all be restrained if possible. If it isnt, you need to pick timber that you know will accept the range of conditions of use without warp. Or of course put up with warpage.

If you make a clamp to straighten it, would it be a warp drive?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Yes, but nat as we know it Jim.