Straightening 15mm speedfit

Hi.

Any tips for straightening out a 25m coil of 15mm speedfit?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur2

You mean apart from buying it in straight lengths rather than in a coil?

Reply to
Roger Mills

Dont. Take it back to the shop and buy the straight stuff. The coiled stuff is the spawn of the devil. At least it's not 22mm. I made that mistake. But only once...

Jon.

Reply to
Tournifreak

You will never get it straight but it will generally do the job it is suited for.

Install as required and use cable clips frequently.

cheers

David

Reply to
DM

Put it in trunking.

Reply to
dennis

I just carefully reverse bend it while turning the coil to make a relatively straight length.

OK it will curl up a bit but IME it's much easier to straighten out again while installing.

To get it looking straight in place needs more clips, see the Speedfit website for info.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C ukdiy

Used it once. Never.....ever....again:-( I got sick of it breaking the holding down clips and rearing up like something out of John Hurt's stomach in Alien.

George

Reply to
furnessvale

Not to have bought it in the first place!

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Used it once. Never.....ever....again:-( I got sick of it breaking the holding down clips and rearing up like something out of John Hurt's stomach in Alien.

George

The floorboards seem to be all that is needed to hold it down here. And its nice and easy to route through joists etc too.

For the 'left overs' a mouthpiece and a funnel are all that is needed for a serviceable hunting horn.

Spamlet