stove fit

Just fitted the stove - done the fire cementing. Configuration is out of the top, 600mm stove pipe, connector, flexi liner.

6" all the way. Did a dry run first all fine, do it for real and I end up with pipe side of connector a bit skewwiff. There is 50mm throw - pipe to connector and I've got the full 50mm on one side and about 40mm the other. I don't think I need to worry. I repacked the join afterwards and I've got a bracket inside the stack just above the connector bolted front and back, so it should be really rigid below that. I'm going to let the joins dry out for 24hrs or so to prevent the voids from steam, then do a slow as bake as I can muster. Hopefully it'll be okay. Horrid job though. When I'm sure it's smoke tight I'll rivet up the register plate, pour in the Vermiculite and fit the pot.
Reply to
visionset