storm reports

Undelivered Parcel Service?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Java Jive

Reply to
Java Jive

More to the point what would the cost have been for trains stuck and people stranded if they had NOT issued timely warnings?

At least everyone was prepared. We have enough here to survive a week without power or water...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

So is the bottom line, then, that the low could quite easily have passed slightly further north, with the result that the South would have copped it worse, in a similar fashion to 1987?

Reply to
Tim Streater

MM scribbled...

YFI

Reply to
Artic

MM scribbled...

I know they are a waste of time for normal household use.

Reply to
Artic

Adrian scribbled...

2 flattened in house explosion.

Cue - f****it who asks how safe was it to stay at home.

Reply to
Artic

MM scribbled...

Time for you to stop waffling and get working innit.

Reply to
Artic

Tim Streater scribbled...

Fuck me. Exploding trees. Whatever next ?

BTW Russian generals were more concern about losing tanks. There were always plenty of PBI.

Reply to
Artic

It's now 600,000 homes (so over 1 Million people)without leccy and 4 people dead.

Reply to
charles

In article , MM scribeth thus

So where was that then?..

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , Tim Streater scribeth thus

Right yeah ... ah!, trees don't go bang;!...

Reply to
tony sayer

Yep .. thats Three thus far.. Tho the poor 17 year old was at home just that home wasn't strong enough.

I don't think theres many around who have any idea just how heavy a decent size tree is...

Reply to
tony sayer

WTF? All the Scots left?!!

Reply to
Richard

In article , Artic > > send out some test/engineering trains c/w crews who can deal with trees

Sure. So march the PBI over it, and *then* the tanks.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Tim Streater scribbled...

PBI ain't heavy enough to set off tank mines.

Next

Reply to
Artic

I know they are very useful. Today we had a severe mains bump (enought to take the lights out for a second or so) with a UPS my computers carried on working. Intermittent breaks in supply aren't that uncommon here.

Reply to
charles

Reply to
Java Jive

There are any number of photos to demonstrate that a fair number of mobile crane operators aren't that good at estimating it either.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon