Storm Katie

I have no idea what your bins were full of.

Every council has different rules on what goes in which coloured bin.

Scarborough uses a green bin for non recyclable refuse.

Reply to
ARW

How very post modern of them.

I tend to think of all things Green, in that way...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

So does Highland Council (although older bins, like mine, are black). Blue is for paper, plastic, and tins.

Reply to
S Viemeister

All fences around my garden damaged.

I drove over to my parents whilst the tail end was still passing, and there was a car left on the road flattened by a large tree. Tree had been cut up by then just leaving chainsawdust all over the road. It's not a road where anyone parks, so I assume the car was driving when it got hit, but fortunately, it was the bonnet/ engine compartment which was flattened, and not the passenger compartment.

Lots of fences down everywhere.

I was away last week, and quite surprised to find just about everything repaired when I got back - you wouldn't know Katie had been.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

It's worse than that.

We have dark grey, green, dark blue and small brown and small green. But down the road a few yards (definitely collected by the same company for the same council), you see light blue, red, orange and black - at least. No idea if black is the same as dark grey, and light blue same as dark blue, but still less idea about red and orange.

Reply to
polygonum