Storing Paper/Books in loft

Reckon it will not catch fire spontaneously but will help things alon quite well if a fire breaks out from other sources. Only my opinion bu why not throw it away? If it is in the loft it means you do not need t look at it. If you do not look at it, you do not need it - go on, b brave, throw away the crap. This of course is unless they are girli mags, in which case construct a small cupboard next to the toilet there are many people on the site who will be happy to advise about th best method of construction

-- tonytrans

Reply to
tonytrans

I like your Dad :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

So did I. Our dining table was used for all sorts of projects - from designing printed circuits, to electronics assembly (largely HeathKits), to glass-bending, to woodwork...it was also a pattern layout area for sewing projects, among other uses.

Sheila

Reply to
S Viemeister

|Reckon it will not catch fire spontaneously but will help things along |quite well if a fire breaks out from other sources. Only my opinion but |why not throw it away? If it is in the loft it means you do not need to |look at it. If you do not look at it, you do not need it - go on, be |brave, throw away the crap. This of course is unless they are girlie |mags, in which case construct a small cupboard next to the toilet - |there are many people on the site who will be happy to advise about the |best method of construction.

One should keep financial information for seven years, as the paper is evidence if things go wrong.

Now where did I get that seven years from?

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

I really think you're younger than me :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Only a bit. Anyway, after 40 or 50, a few years more or less seems much less important.

Sheila

Reply to
S Viemeister

True, but that 'bit' was significant when we were children. There were a lot of 'advances' in the post war years. Our table had been used for dressmaking all my life though, the distinctive noise of my mother's shears cutting cloth while I played under the table stays with me.

I wonder what memories of our table our children have - perhaps the engine block dumped on it by a friend one Christmas Day, or Spouse welding on it or covered with motor cycle bits or my dissecting bees ...

Still, saves us from dying of boredom!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher