Storing dishwasher

Not quite but going away for 4 weeks so will do a cycle of the dishwasher with viegar to clean it out, should I leave the door slightly ajar or keep closed for the 4 weeks. Should I also keep the washing machine door slightly open? Fridge will be off and door open.

Reply to
ss

Why turn the fridge off?

Reply to
ARW

It will be empty of food, and it will be less money for the elec company and the taxman. The freezer will be kept on.

Reply to
ss

I've done a handful of 4-week holidays and I've never bothered doing anything with the dishwasher. I can't say I've noticed the smell when I've got back either.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Connell

Leave my dishwasher closed for 6 months at a time, no problem. But don't leave dishes in it, my wooden spoon started to sprout...........

--

Mark BR

Reply to
Mark BR

Did you plant it, and did it grow into a wooden spoon tree? :)

Reply to
Gazz

We always leave washing machine and dishwasher doors slightly ajar in the belief that it preserves the seal better.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan