Storing demolished brick walls

I have some brick and plaster walls to be removed and rebuilt next week. How much of the brick and cement and plaster is it worth keeping? Could it be used in a later concretey mix? or smashed up and used under garden drains? Should I keep all earth away from it, or can I pile it up in a corner outside where leaves and earth may degrade it? [g]

Reply to
george [dicegeorge]

Bricks are worth keeping if the mortar is lime otherwise it's just use as hardcore, portland mortar tends to be stronger than bricks so harder to chip off with a scutch. Plaster is of no use again for building work but it supplies both calcium and sulphur for gardening if soil is deficient.

AJH

Reply to
AJH