Storing a second-hand exhaust pipe.....?

Ok, in that case, pull the NEW exhaust off the car and molish the old one back on.

I guarantee the new one will store better than the half rusted (on the inside) one you have now :-)

Plus you can sell it as new (old stock) if you sell the car in the interim.

Cheers,

Paul.

Reply to
zymurgy

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Adrian saying something like:

Bung up the end and pour a gallon of cheap oil in, roll the pipe over and over to distribute the oil inside the silencer box, then hang it up to drain.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Mj" saying something like:

Nothing wrong with stainless on any classic. Some are a bit noisy, as in tinny, not boomy, but that's a minor thing.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Adrian saying something like:

They often rot from the inside out too, so have a look at my other post.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I have a spare Herald exhaust pipe in my workshop. It has just moved there after spending seventeen years in the rafters of a relative's garage, and it is solid as a rock.

Ian

Reply to
The Real Doctor

I'm delighted, too :-)

I'm almost in the UK - Aberdeenshire. Roads are probably not much more busy than your part of the world.

Mine is a '68. Off the road in '98, so I was determined that she would run again this year, particularly to celebrate sixty years of the Minor.

I put her in my Mum's garage ten years ago, for 'a couple of weeks', which eventually ended up being ten years, so absolutely no special preparations were made, but she started easily, and, apart from seized brakes, was absolutely fine.

Reply to
Graeme

Great !

Possibly....

Ah - that's nice...

Nothing like 'low technology' for being reliable, is there ? (I shall almost certainly regret typing that !)

We had trouble with the brakes on this car - combination of one seized front cylinder, and one set of 'grabby' brake shoes, mean that, under fierce braking, you could easily end up on the wrong side of the road. Replaced all fron cylinders and flexy pipes and she's as good as new now...

Have fun!

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian