storing a combi boiler

I have been offered a 2 year old combi boiler that was working before being taken out of another house and has all the paperwork. I don't plan on having it installed in our house until the summer 09. Is there anything I need to do to keep it in good nick whilst in storage (for example, will anything seize up), and are there any special issues regarding installing a second hand boiler compared to a new one?

Reply to
Patb

Just keep it in a dry and non-humid place. No issues. What make is it? A cheap used combi is not worth fitting, as combi as so cheap.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440

=A31500 on the internet I am getting it for free, seems worth it to me. Thanks for the advice, it will be in the garage

Reply to
Patb

Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440

£1500 on the internet I am getting it for free, seems worth it to me. Thanks for the advice, it will be in the garage

-----

If the flue is with it, then fit it. I assume a condensing version? Good boiler.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

If the garage is separate from the house, the casing may go rusty. This happens to some white goods when placed in a garage, as the paint on the steel casing isn't waterproof against condensation, as that's not expected to happen when they're used indoors.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

If it's drained down I'd be concerned about rust forming on damp innards (inside of pump etc). I'd be inclined to fill it up, with a little corrosion inhibitor added - possibly antifreeze type if it's going in an unheated place over winter.

Reply to
YAPH

OK, sorry but I am new to this, how do I fill it up? Garage is part of house so it will never freeze

Also, is there any way I can run any sort of tests (however basic) to ensure that it is working correctly.

Everying looks clean and tidy with no sign of leaks, rust etc and I have paperwork to show it is less than 2 years old.

Reply to
Patb